The Saving Our Sharks Foundation is the sole owner of the information collected on the Website. We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of the Foundation.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Generally, you are free to visit the Saving Our Sharks Foundation Website without submitting data that identifies you personally. However, we do ask you to provide some personal data for certain interactions within our Website. This data varies depending on the interaction, but may include name, address, email address, and other similar information (“Personal Information”). We do not request sensitive information such as social security numbers. If you make a donation online we do ask for your credit card number – but we do not store card numbers. If you are a vendor working with the Foundation, we will ask for your banking and tax information in order to process your payment, however, we will not disclose your information without your express permission to anyone other than to our payment processors or to comply with a subpoena or other legal process or proceeding.
WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Below are the ways in which we collect your Personal Information through specific actions and circumstances. By choosing to participate in any of the following activities, you consent to our collection and use of your Personal Information.
- When you register for an account on the SOSF website or any SOSF campaign website;
- When you sign up to receive email newsletters from us;
- When you participate in surveys;
- When you complete an advocacy activity or survey online;
- When you submit a donation online;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
- When you request information or assistance;
- In conjunction with processing your grant applications;
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications;
- When you enter into an agreement or contract with the Foundation;
- When you submit an invoice to the Foundation or request payment for goods or services provided;
- When you participate with social media and peer to peer accounts involving Saving Our Sharks Foundation;
- When you participate in online communities;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the website’s terms and conditions;
- When you communicate with us through the website;
- When you provide user-generated content on any part of the website that permits it; and
- In conjunction with any other place on the website where you knowingly volunteer personal information; and
- When you send us a donation by check or wire.
In addition, when you interact with the Website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender, and five-digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the Website;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and;
- We collect and store your search terms and search results.
Social media platforms
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Website. With your consent we may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- For editorial purposes;
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your account or transactions (including donations) with us and sending you information about features on our Website or about the Foundation;
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium;
- Processing your employment application;
- For processing agreements and payments;
- Event or program registration;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations;
- Research and development;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Advocating to decision makers on specific issues;
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns; and
- Managing our organization.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
The Saving Our Sharks Foundation intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures, including industry-standard encryption for transmission of credit card information, to help keep your information secure, accurate, current and complete.
If you have any concerns about the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information, please contact us email@example.com
COMPLIANCE WITH THE EU GDPR DATA REGULATIONS
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.
We will use reasonable efforts to securely process all personal information in line with the rights specified under the GDPR, in particular those related to the following requests:
- Access to your Personal Information;
- Correction of the Personal Information we hold;
- Deletion of your Personal Information;
- A restriction of processing of your Personal Information;
- Transfer of your Personal Information to another party; or,
- Objection to processing of your Personal Information based on the UN Foundation’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to use it.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if any of the following apply:
- You have any questions or requests regarding this policy;
- You would like to remove all Personal Information from our database;
- You would like to view Personal Information you shared with us;
- You would like to change your account preferences;
- You no longer wish to receive email updates from the SOSF;
- You believe the SOSF has erroneous or incomplete information about you; or,
- You believe a child below the age of 16 years may have submitted Personal Information without the consent of a parent or guardian.
For more information about your rights under the GDPR, please visit https://gdpr-info.eu/.
Questions and comments should be directed to email@example.com.